WiFi Extender Setup
WiFi range extenders provide a reliable internet connection to all wired or wireless devices such as computers, mobile devices, and media players as well as help in extending WiFi range to each and every corner of a home or workplace. But, at times, users face issues while doing WiFi range extender setup. If you are not a techie and want to know the process of new extender setup, then walk through the steps below and set up your WiFi extender without any hassle.
- Unbox your extender.
- Plug in the device to a power outlet.
- Connect it with your existing router using a WiFi connection.
- Turn the power on.
- Get access to a laptop or computer.
- Launch any web browser.
- Type the default web address mywifiext.net in the web address bar.
Note: If mywifiext net is not working for you, either try accessing mywifiext.local (for iOS) or contact our experts and get the issue resolved in a matter of minutes.
- The new extender setup button displays. Hit the button to proceed further.
- On the next page, enter your default mywifiext net login credentials.
- Select the WiFi network you want to extend and hit Enter.
- You will reach the dashboard of your extender.
So, this way you can do WiFi extender setup using the mywifiext local web address. Now, you are all set to tweak the settings of your WiFi boosting device as per your needs.
There are many more methods for performing new extender setup. Let’s make you familiar with other methods. Read on.
How to Setup WiFi Extender using an Ethernet Cable
In case you own a big house having two or more rooms or a huge workplace, the router is not enough to access the internet everywhere you want. That’s why the extender installation has become essential for a seamless, reliable, and error-free network connection. Without any ado, let’s get familiar with the process of configuring an extender using an Ethernet cable.
Note: Initial steps to set up WiFi extender using this method will remain the same as mentioned above.
- In this method, use an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on your router to an Ethernet port on your Extender.
- Launch a web browser. You can choose between Chrome, Mozilla, and Safari.
- Enter mywifiext net in the address bar and hit Enter.
- You will be asked to enter the default username and password.
- After filling the details, verify that the Access Point or Extender Switch is set to WiFi range extender.
- Hit Continue to proceed further.
- Select the WiFi network you want to extend and hit Next.
- Type the security key in the Password field and hit Next.
- Time to set the SSID and password for your WiFi range extender.
- Fill in the necessary details and click on the Next button.
- Complete the registration fields and hit the Finish button to complete the new extender setup process.
- Now you can locate your extender to a new location or to the area where you face poor WiFi signals.
- While relocating your device, you need to again access the default mywifiext setup web page.
In case you find the process a bit complex, you can either use the WPS method or reach out to our experts for immediate help.
How to Setup WiFi Extender using WPS Method
- Plug in your extender to a power outlet and turn the power ON.
- Locate the WPS button on your WiFi extender.
- Press and release the button.
- Now, press the WPS button on your router.
- Let your extender get connected to your router.
That’s it! Your WiFi extender setup using the WPS method completes here.
It can be said that extenders are vital devices when it comes to expand the existing network range as well as coverage. Just do the new extender setup and enjoy high-speed internet connection even in the areas where the router range is poor – and that too without any hassle of messy wires or cables.
WiFi Extender Login
WiFi extenders, without any doubt, are the most effective devices that help you boost the WiFi bandwidth. But, for that, you need the ideal extender setup that can only be achieved by properly configuring the settings of a WiFi extender. There are three basic steps for the extender login. Let’s check all the steps one by one.
- 192.168.1.250 is the default IP address for extender login.
- To get access to mywifiext setup web page, you need to access a web browser.
- You are free to use any web browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari or IE as per your choice.
- Just make sure you are using the updated web browser. This is because the obsolete versions doesn’t support the mywifiext net login page.
After you have launched a web browser, you need to visit the new extender setup login page.
- Simply type the default web address mywifiext in the address bar of the web browser you are using.
- Then, press the enter key and wait till you land on the mywifiext local web page.
Finally, you are on the extender login page.
- Here, you have to use the credentials of your wireless extender.
- These mywifiext setup login credentials can be found in the user manual of your extender.
- For the first time WiFi extender setup, default credentials are suggested to be used.
So that is how you can complete mywifiext setup in a hassle-free manner. In case you still need assistance, our experts are available day-in and day-out to offer immediate help.
WiFi Extender Issues
Users face many issues while doing range extender setup and the most common is that it is not connecting to the internet. The issue occurs as a result of connectivity problems, IP address error, web browser cache, etc. Here, we have listed some of the most common WiFi extender issues which can be fixed by our expert technicians in no time:
- 404 Error.
- WiFi extender not working.
- WiFi connectivity issue.
- MAC address restrictions.
- Initial WiFi extender setup and installation.
- mywifiext.net login/setup issues
- ‘You are not connected to network’ error.
- Overloading or overheating issue.
- Outdated or defective firmware issue.
- Server not found error.
- Unable to access WiFi settings for router.
- Can’t perform WiFi extender reset.
- Extender network not found.
- Extender’s power LED is not working.
- Can’t access mywifiext local.
- Getting no internet secure error after setting up my extender.
- Forgot extender login password.
- WiFi extender password incorrect.
- WiFi extender not connecting to router.
- How to change WiFi extender password.
- WiFi default password not working.
Fed up with such annoying issues and looking for quick assistance? Worry not! Contact us now and free yourself from all problems related to WiFi extenders.
WiFi Extender Troubleshooting
Most of the users face technical issues during WiFi Range Extender Setup such as the default web address is not working, mywifiext setup page doesn’t display, login credentials are incorrect, etc. If this is the case with you, we have come up with some WiFi extender troubleshooting tips using which you can make your extender up and running.
Basic Troubleshooting Tips
Generally, when users open extender setup page, they face error messages saying ‘the server can’t be found’. This is due to the fact that mywifiext is a local web address instead of a regular internet website.
The WiFi extender setup page continues to show errors which cause a big hurdle in the process of new extender setup. In order to resolve these error messages, make sure some things to cross-check:
- Place extender and router far away from any kind of dirt.
- Make sure the WiFi connection is turned on.
- Ensure that there are three to four bars on the WiFi symbol which shows a high-speed connection.
- Apply proper power supply to extender.
- Clear browser history, cache, and cookies.
- Most of the extenders come with external antennas for giving your device efficient connectivity. If your extender also comes with such antennas, then install them in a proper manner.
- Keep your extender away from devices that can cause interference like refrigerators, microwaves, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, concrete walls, reflecting surfaces like mirrors or glasses, etc.
We hope that these steps will surely help you fix issues with WiFi range extender setup. If not, try our advanced WiFi extender troubleshooting tips and make your WiFi device up and running.
Advanced Troubleshooting Tips
- Check if the web browser you are using to access mywifiext net is updated to the latest version or not.
- Disable any VPN connection, firewall settings, or proxy settings on your network.
- Power cycle your modem, router, and extender.
- Reboot your network connection.
- If mywifiext local is not working, try accessing the extender login page using the default IP address.
- Disable ad-blockers and any other extensions from your web browser.
- Try to access the mywifiext setup page by restarting your web browser.
If you are baffled with spotty internet connectivity or your WiFi extender is not connecting to the internet, then changing the MTU size can prove to be helpful.
- If you have wirelessly connected your router and extender, then try to establish a connection using an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure the Ethernet cable you use has not cuts or breakage.
- Plug out all your devices for a while and connect them again.
- Make sure cable connections between your modem and router are finger tight.
- Try to use different bandwidth. If your WiFi range extender supports both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands, then try the one that is not in use.
- Keep your WiFi device away from other Wireless network devices that can create interference.
Updating firmware on extender can also help you fix many issues you might be facing with your WiFi extender. Updating firmware on regular intervals helps in improving the performance of your extender. Here’s how to update firmware on your WiFi range extender:
Navigate to the official site of the extender (You Own!) and check for the firmware updates for the model you have. If any firmware update is available for your device, download it.
- Now, launch any web browser on your device and access the default web address for your extender.
- Enter the extender login credentials.
- You will be on the dashboard of your extender.
- Head towards the Advance section and locate the ‘Update Firmware’ option.
- Hit on it and select the file you downloaded earlier.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the firmware update process.
- Once you are done with updating firmware, reboot your extender.
If even after using the above WiFi troubleshooting tips, you can’t get the desired results, then no need to mess around. Just get in touch with our highly-trained experts who are 24×7 available to help you fix any issues you might be facing with your WiFi range extender.
WiFi Extender Setup FAQs
Sometimes, extender login issues become a major problem and to fix them WiFi extender reset is the only option left with the users. You can reset a WiFi extender using following steps:
- Locate the Reset button on your extender.
- Make sure your extender is plugged in and getting adequate power supply.
- Get access to a pin-like device.
- Use the pin to press and release the Reset button.
That’s all! Your WiFi extender is reset to factory default settings.
There are various methods to improve the working capacity of a WiFi extender. They are:
- Make sure to use the external antennas that came with your extender. Doing so will not only help you turn the dead zones of your house into fun zones but also enhance the WiFi range.
- Never miss updating firmware of your extender as getting the latest firmware can dramatically help in improving the working capacity of an extender.
- Adjust the channel bandwidth of your extender for gaining the optimum performance.
- Make sure to locate your extender in the close proximity of your router while doing the new extender setup. At the time of relocating it, ensure to place it mid-way between your PC and router.
- You can also boost the working capacity of your extender by keeping it away from interference-creating devices.
Changing the WiFi default password can help you secure your extender. A unique yet strong password will keep your extender safe from intruders. If you don’t know how to change WiFi extender password, then follow the steps below:
- Open any web browser and access the mywifiext local page of your extender using the default web/IP address.
- Enter your login credentials and hit Enter.
- Reaching the dashboard, navigate to Advance option.
- Thereafter, locate the ‘Set Password’ option.
- Change the WiFi default password to something strong yet easy to remember.
Using a WiFi extender, you can enjoy expanded coverage throughout the land in your house by keeping your devices connected to WiFi. But, to have seamless internet experience, you must place your extender at the right place. If you are not known that where to place your WiFi extender for receiving the best results, then follow the steps below:
- Place your extender half-way between your router and PC.
- Make sure your device is in the range of your router.
Yes, you can connect your WiFi extender to your existing router. Most WiFi extenders are universal in nature and are compatible with a hoard of routers available in the market.